Thursday, January 2, 2014

Savvy Savings Jar

Today I am going to show you how to make a Savvy Savings Jar. 

One thing I have decided to do this year to save some cash is create a "Savvy Savings Jar". My goal each week is to take the change out of my wallet, car, and in my pockets and put it in this jar, throughout the year. As it builds up to the top each time I will get it cashed and put that away until the end of the year and just keep refilling the jar. My one rule is to not take money out of it. By the end of the year I will get all the money cashed and decide how to spend it! 

Now on to the tutorial: 

Supplies needed: 
-jar
-chalkboard paint
-paintbrush
-painters tape
-chalk (to write on it for the final product) 

1. Prep your jar by cleaning it and getting the surface ready to paint. 

2. Put your painters tape around an area you would like to paint.


3. Paint your area inside where you taped and pull off the tape right after you painted it just to make sure that you clean up around the edges if it got a little messy. 

4. Wait for it to dry and wait at least 24 hours before you write on it with chalk. 

5. Add a little embellishment for some girly cuteness ( I added a ribbon!). Write something on your jar and start collecting your change! 

And that is it! 

To make this DIY in expensive: 
- I waited for the jars to be 50% off at hobby lobby and got it for only $1.75. 

- The chalk paint is originally $2.99 and you can always use your Hobby Lobby coupon to get it for almost half the price making it only like $1.50. 

The whole project only cost me about $3.25!!! 

Please comment below on what you think! And leave requests on projects you want to see! 

Happy Crafting! 

-Savannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment