Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Scarf Hanger

I love wearing scarves! They keep me super warm but also dress up an outfit! I have so many scarves that I have received throughout the holidays and my birthdays that I have about 19 scarves! 
As you can see in the picture below, they tend to take up a lot of room in my closet! 
So I found a great way to keep your scarves all in one place that does not take up nearly as much room (this is especially good for someone with a small closet, or a dorm room closet)! 

So let's get started! 

Supplies: 
-plastic hanger
-shower rings
-electrical tape
-scissors

1. Lay your hanger out and find which way your rings lay best. 
The pack came with 12 but 11 had the best fit! 

2. I decided the process will go quicker if you have your electrical tape precut and ready to go! (mine are about 2 inch long strips) 
3. After you have them as you like them you want to tape the top of the loop to the bottom of the hanger. Just keep wrapping the tape around the hanger until you get to the end. 

4. After you have all of the top 6 finished you will want to reinforce them by taping the middle of them together for a tight firm hold! 

5. Then I began on the bottom row. But for this row I had to tape 2 pieces around the rings on top! 

6. Then I did the same as the first row and reinforced those ones. 
7. (Optional) You can also spray paint the whole thing or wrap yarn around it if you want to make it all match and look really cute! But, mine is hanging in my closet and a lot of people won't see it so I didn't really bother. 

After I finished the project I put my scarves on the hanger and that's it! 

It looks so much better in my closet! And barely takes up any room! 

How to make this craft inexpensive: 
- hanger can be found around your house $0
- shower rings are from the dollar store $1
- electrical tape I found laying in one of my dad's tool drawers

Total cost: about $1, and this makes a huge difference in your closet! 

Thanks so much! Please comment below on your thoughts, or leave a request! 

Happy Crafting! 

-Savannah

1 comment: