Thursday, January 2, 2014

Toilet Paper Roll Art

I recently found an idea on Pinterest to make Toilet Paper Roll Art! Right as I saw this I began telling my whole family to start saving the rolls. I couldn't wait to get started on this project! 

For this project the supplies include: 
-toilet paper rolls
-hot glue gun
-scissors
-ruler 
-pen 
-spray paint 

I first began with my toilet paper rolls 

Today I decided to only use 4 rolls (that is all I could find on short notice). 

Then I flattened the roll down:

A roll of toilet paper is about 4 inches wide and we need to cut each piece 1/2 inch wide and we will have 8 pieces for each roll to use:

I had about 32 pieces with the 4 rolls 


So this is where your hot glue gun comes in! I began making my own pattern and gluing the pieces together to make a 6 petal flower:

Then I just began adding on and gluing them together at their crease points! 

Sorry the picture is blurry I had to hold everything and take the picture at the same time! 

I just kept adding and adding the pieces to make my own pattern! 

After I finished hot gluing it together I laid the project out on my painting tarp and spray painted it silver. 

I'm not quite sure where I am going to be putting this project so I might be changing the color of it. But when I do figure it out I will post the final project! 

You can do a lot of different designs if you just go to google and type in "toilet paper roll wall art". 

Please feel free to comment, ask questions, give a request, anything! 

Happy Crafting

-Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment