Saturday, January 4, 2014

Vanilla Sugar Scrub

Today I hung out with my fellow bloggers and we worked on some fun projects. I taught them to make sugar scrub. I made some sugar scrub for Christmas presents to give some of my friends that are not too close of friends but I thought it would be nice give them something! This project is easy and very in expensive! So let's get right into it! 

Supplies: 
-baby oil
-white sugar
-jars (to put your scrub in)
-food coloring (optional) 
-spoon 
-bowl
-vanilla scent

1. Put 1 1/4 cups of sugar in a bowl. 
2. Add 1/4 cup of baby oil 
3. Stir (if it is looking to sugary you can add more baby oil) 

Pictures of my friends stirring



What your scrub should look like so far! 

5. Next add a scent oil to make your scrub smell good! I just added a cap full! 
6. Then if you wanted to add a fun color you can put food coloring in it! (only put around drops or the color may stain your body).
7. Mix the color until desired color.
8. Pour scrub into a jar you can keep in the shower or by the sink depending on if you wanted to use it on your hands or body! 

This is the finished product! 

This stuff works amazing! I use it in the shower on my arms and legs and it makes them really soft! 

This project is very inexpensive especially to give as a gift!  

- baby oil bottle: $1
- sugar: $2
- vanilla scent: $1 
- containers: $0 I had them on hand 
- food coloring: $0 most people have food coloring. 

Total: around $4 to make around 4 of them so about $1 each! 

I had such a fun day of making these with my friends! I hope you did too! 

Happy crafting!

-Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment